When you login to Facebook, you typically use your home computer (desktop PC or Mac), or your laptop; on the road, you may be checking the mobile version of Facebook from your cell phone, or even use the Facebook app for iPhone or BlackBerry. In this tutorial, we will examine the various scenarios in which you'll find yourself, and if you can login to Facebook from the different location in question.
Login to Facebook using another computer
Here are a few situations in which you'll find yourself when accessing Facebook on the go:
- For each typical situation depicted below, just click on the corresponding link to get more information about the scenario description that best fits your own circumstances.
- Facebook login at school: when you login to your Facebook account from school, it will typically be from a high school / college / university supplied computer, with are two types of setups offered - either you all use a public computer, with the same profile available to whomever happens to be using the PC or Mac at the time, or (the safer option) you each have a user name and password you need to enter to access your profile from any computer on campus.
- Facebook login at work: just like when you sign in to your Facebook profile from school, your workplace will either give you your own computer, to which you need to logon with a user name and password, or make a computer available to a variety of colleagues and temps.
- Login to Facebook from someone else's computer: another case in which you'll find yourself trying to access your Facebook profile from another PC or Mac is when you're invited at a friend's house, for example. How you proceed from that point depends on whether there are other Facebook users in that particular household (given that Facebook has over half-a-billion users, this is very likely!) You will need to make sure that you are not interfering with others' Facebook login status, while checking your own profile, messages, etc.
- Login to Facebook on another computer: when you sign in to your Facebook account from a different computer than the usual machine, you need to take some precautions, or proceed in a specific way. This depends on whether you want to access Facebook from a friend's house, where someone else is currently logged in to their Facebook profile, or if you are trying to access your Facebook social networking website from a public computer (like from the library).
As mentioned earlier, your particular situation should fall into at least one of these categories - even if the "work" category fits best the description of your "school" situation!
Copyright © 2013 Facebook Login Sign in
, All Rights Reserved. • Legal Disclaimer
- Ask a QuestionFacebook is a registered trademark of Facebook Inc; tutorials presented in our Facebook Sign in Login help pages are created for the latest version of the Facebook social networking site, and are updated on a regular basis to cover Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Mac OS X, and (Ubuntu) Linux. Never share your Facebook login information (user name & password). Always use common sense when you sign in to your Facebook account, especially from a public computer / other unfamiliar location.